Explore the following guide Hidden Firestick settings Which you should change to improve the user experience.
the Amazon Firestick It’s a powerful streaming tool, but how many of us truly unleash its full potential?
These hidden settings can be adjusted on any Amazon Firestick or Fire TV device.
Hidden Firestick Settings That You Should Change Now
Without changing some of these “hidden settings,” Amazon is secretly doing this Collect your data Without your knowledge after accepting the long terms and conditions agreement.
Failing to change your Firestick settings may also cause your device to lose performance over time.
Advice from Buddy: If your Firestick or Fire TV isn’t updated to the latest software, we suggest doing so Update your Firestick.
Here are five hidden Firestick settings that we suggest you change immediately to protect your privacy and improve user experience.
Hidden Firestick Settings (Full List)
1. Enable apps from unknown sources
The Firestick runs on Android, which allows users to sideload Firestick apps Not available in the Amazon App Store.
Legal Disclaimer: IPTV WIRE does not own or operate any IPTV service or streaming application. We do not host or distribute any applications. We do not check whether IPTV services or app developers hold the appropriate license. The end user is solely responsible for media accessed through any device, application, add-on or service mentioned on our site.
For a 100% legal IPTV service, we recommend IPTV WIRE Vidjo.
Benefits of side loading
How to enable apps from unknown sources
To enable this feature, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the main menu of your Firestick/Fire TV.
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Scroll and tap on “My Fire TV.”
- Choose “Developer Options”.
- Turn on “Apps from Unknown Sources”.
2. Privacy settings
Your Firestick collects a wealth of data about your usage and preferences. By adjusting your privacy settings, you can limit the information collected and reduce the number of interest-based ads displayed.
Adjust privacy settings
To change your privacy settings, follow these steps:
- Go to your device’s Settings menu
- Click Preferences
- Select privacy settings
- Disable interest-based advertising, device usage data, and app usage data collection
- Go back to Preferences and select Data Monitoring
- Turn off data monitoring
Watch the video below for more details on adjusting privacy settings within Fire TV devices.
3. Turn off navigation sounds
For some users, the constant clicking sound when navigating the Firestick menu can be annoying. Fortunately, it’s very easy to turn off these navigation sounds.
How to turn off navigation sounds
Here’s how to disable navigation sounds:
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Click Display and Sounds.
- Select “Audio”.
- Turn off Navigation Sounds.
4. Change screen saver
The default screensaver on Firestick can become monotonous over time. You can customize your device by changing the screen saver.
How to change the screen saver
To change your screen saver, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Click Display and Sounds.
- Select “Screen Saver”.
- Choose from the different options available.
5. Close background apps
Background apps can slow down your Firestick and affect its performance. Closing these apps can free up space and increase the speed of your device Stop caching.
How to close background apps
Follow these steps to close background apps:
- Download and install the “Background Apps and Process List” app from the Amazon App Store.
- Open the application.
- Click “Close all applications.”
- Click OK to confirm.
You can also use maintenance tool like Fast task killerAnd SD Maid and others to “kill” background processes of running applications.
More hidden Firestick settings to explore
In addition to the hidden Firestick settings mentioned above, we’ve included more options below that you can explore on your Fire TV devices.
Installing custom launchers has become very popular among Firestick/Fire TV users who are looking to change the UI.
Some examples of custom launchers that work well include: Wolf launcher And a side-loading launcher.
One of the best unknown features of the Firestick is its ability to allow screen mirroring from a separate device.
This will allow you to cast anything on your mobile device directly to your TV in seconds.
However, screen mirroring requires a Separate application To be installed.
Fire TV Remote app
Many Firestick users are facing issues with the remote control provided by Amazon. This includes sync issues, battery failure, and button malfunctions.
Fortunately, there is an app that users can install on their mobile devices that works just like Amazon’s own remote control.
The Amazon Fire TV Remote app can be found at Google Play StoreApple App Store and more.
Developer tools menu
Developer tools menu It is a free application available within the Amazon App Store and not many users know about it.
This useful tool provides System X-ray to scan Firestick/Fire TV and view device memory, CPU, resolution and more.
Firestick and Fire TV devices do not have an option to turn it on or off. However, there is a Sleep feature that can save power on your device and TV.
Although this feature may seem simple, many people don’t know it exists!
Frequently asked questions about hidden Firestick settings
1. What are hidden Firestick settings?
Hidden Firestick settings are those that cannot be easily accessed through the main settings menu. They are often used by developers or power users to customize their Firestick experience. Some of the most common hidden Firestick settings include:
- Developer options: This menu allows you to enable developer tools and features, such as debugging and sideloading of applications.
- Advanced Settings: This menu contains more advanced settings, such as the ability to change the default launcher and disable automatic updates.
- Privacy settings: This menu lets you control how much data Amazon collects about your Firestick usage.
- network setting: This menu lets you configure your Firestick’s network settings, such as DNS server and proxy settings.
- System settings: This menu lets you change your Firestick’s system settings, such as time zone and language.
2. How can I access hidden Firestick settings?
To access hidden Firestick settings, you need to know the exact path to the setting you want to change. For example, to access developer options, you’ll need to go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options.
In some cases, you may need to enter a special code to access the hidden Firestick setting. For example, to enable Deep Sleep, you’ll need to enter the code ADB enables com.amazon.tv.settings.deepsleep.
3. What are some benefits of using hidden Firestick settings?
There are a number of benefits to using hidden Firestick settings. For example, you can:
- Customize your Firestick experience: By changing the default settings, you can make your Firestick more user-friendly or add new features.
- Improve your Firestick performance: By disabling unnecessary features, you can free up system resources and improve Firestick performance.
- Protect your privacy: By changing your privacy settings, you can control how much data Amazon collects about your Firestick use.
4. Are there any risks associated with using hidden Firestick settings?
Yes, there are some risks associated with using hidden Firestick settings. For example, if you change a setting incorrectly, it could damage your Firestick or make it less secure.
It’s important to only change settings you understand and back up your Firestick before making any changes. You should also be careful about the apps you install from unknown sources, as these apps may contain malware that may harm your Firestick device.
5. Where can I find more information about hidden Firestick settings?
There are a number of resources available online that can help you learn more about hidden Firestick settings. Some of the most helpful resources include:
- Amazon Fire TV developer guide: This guide provides detailed instructions on how to access and use hidden Firestick settings.
- Fire TV Stick Forum: This forum is a great place to ask questions and get help from other Firestick users.
- XDA Developers Forums: This forum is a great resource to find information about Firestick hacks and mods.