You will find the list of the best APKs for streaming free movies and TV shows in this article. The apps work on all Android and Android-based devices, including FireStick, Android TV, Smartphones, Tablets, and more.
Are the Free APKs Safe & Legal?
At FireStickHow, while we like to be called streaming consultants, we are not security experts. Therefore, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee whether the apps are safe or not.
However, you can always scan the APK files through an antivirus before installing it on your device. For instance, I scanned Cinema HD APK via Virus Total. Cinema HD is one of the apps mentioned in this post, and Virus Total is a very well-known online antivirus.
The following is the screenshot of the scan result. As you can see, all security vendors have cleared the APK.
The legality of the APKs is an entirely different matter. Most of the APKS mentioned here are from unverified sources. Therefore, we cannot determine if they have acquired the legal rights to distribute content.
The best way forward is to use ExpressVPN to maintain privacy and safeguard yourself from prying eyes.
Things to Know Before Streaming Movies and TV Shows
Here are some prerequisites to using the apps:
- A fast, stable, and reliable internet connection: ISPs are notorious for not providing steady network speed. Before you get started, talk to your internet service provider and get your internet plan sorted.
- A proper streaming device: A streaming device like the Amazon FireStick will do. You can also use these apps on Android smartphones, tablets, Android TVs, and other Android devices.
- A good VPN service: As mentioned earlier, a reliable VPN service is essential if you wish to draw no undue attention to yourself. I suggest ExpressVPN for this purpose.
Attention Streamers: Read before you continue
Your government and ISP are probably monitoring your streaming activities using your IP address 126.96.36.199 (exposed to all). You may get into serious legal trouble for streaming copyrighted videos.
I strongly recommend getting a trusted VPN to hide your IP address and protect your online identity.
Don’t miss out on the peace of mind and online security ExpressVPN provides.
Best Apps to Stream Free Movies & TV Shows
I have curated a list of the best free movie apps that you can use to stream movies and TV shows on your FireStick and other devices. Without further ado, let us get started.
1. Cinema HD
Any list of free movie streaming apps is incomplete without the Cinema HD APK. For a long time, Cinema HD has maintained its position as the best free movie and TV show streaming app. As you can understand from the name, the app is renowned for its HD movies. The content here is completely free to watch.
Cinema HD APK is one of the easiest apps to use. All you need to do is go to the search bar and type in the name of the movie you wish to stream. The app will provide you with a list of options. Then, you select the option that suits you and start streaming free movies.
- Allows for fast content download.
- Usually available in HD resolution but offers lower resolution if you have a weaker connection.
- Intuitive UI.
- Supports subtitles.
Tea TV is an old platform. However, it is still one of the best apps available on FireStick and other Android devices to watch movies and TV shows. The content and features of the app have undergone numerous updates. The new updates keep rolling in.
- Also available for mobile.
- Organized layout with an easy-to-use interface.
- Regular updates to the content library.
- Supports almost all popular integrations.
3. Bee TV
Bee TV is another option to watch free movies and shows. It has a huge library and an easy-to-use interface.
Furthermore, the customer support for this app is phenomenal. It is virtually unheard of for a free movie app to have such a good and responsive customer support system.
You can even place requests for movies and TV shows that are not in the content library. It lets you download every content without worrying about paying a single dime.
- It has excellent subtitle support.
- Excellent customer service.
- Allows you to place requests for movies that aren’t there on the app yet.
4. CyberFlix TV
CyberFlix TV is another popular free movie app that has existed for some time. This app has a decent collection of free movies and shows. You can find videos in every resolution on the app. Moreover, you can use this app on Android TV boxes, Chromecasts, and Firesticks.
The CyberFlix TV APK is periodically updated. Popular content categories like humor, action, adventure, drama, thrillers, horror, sci-fi, and romance are all featured on the app. You can also connect your app to your Real-Debrid and Trakt TV accounts for curated watchlist recommendations.
- HD links are available for all movies.
- Relatively new and is a super fast server.
- Zero-advertisement policy, so you will not be bothered by pop-up advertisements.
- It has subtitle support for over 250 different languages.
If you are an entertainment buff searching for an unlimited repository of free movies and TV shows, Strix is your application. It requires entering a code during. If this does not work, Google the code.
The movies and TV shows on this app are categorized into genres, so you can easily access the ones you wish to watch. Plus, the completely free app is the cherry on top.
- Convenient and user-friendly interface.
- Allows you to download content for offline viewing.
- Every video is available in multiple resolutions.
- Has live broadcasts on offer.
Kodi is not exactly like the other streaming apps on this list. However, it is a great option to watch free movies and shows.
Kodi allows you to stream virtually any content via its native media player. You can stream even local content and audio content through this app. This makes it one of the most popular apps on the Google Play Store and the Amazon App Store.
The true beauty of Kodi lies in letting you access unlimited content on the internet through numerous video addons. You can stream sports events, VOD content, PPV content, movies, TV shows, live TV channels, and others. And the best part? It is all free, and there are no hidden costs involved.
- It does not require a sign-up to use.
- Virtually endless content library.
- The installation process is extremely smooth and easy.
- Support Korean, Japanese, and Spanish languages apart from English.
7. Sony Crackle
Sony Crackle ranks as one of the best streaming apps on the Google Play Store. As this app is a product of Sony, it comes with excellent consumer reviews and good customer support. In addition, the content on this app is neatly categorized according to genres, making it easy to find the right movie you wish to stream.
In addition to all the latest movies, you will also find all the titles from indie production houses that aren’t that popular. You do not require a subscription to view the content. And the app allows you to save and download movies and TV shows for watching later.
- Smooth and fast streaming app with multiple platform support.
- Extensive content library.
- Simple navigation and a user-friendly interface.
- Allows streaming in all resolutions, not just HD.
If you like exploring new streaming services, you will love FilmPlus. It comes with Real Debrid, All Debrid, Trakt, Premiumize, and MX player integrations. And the user interface is intuitive, making the app easy to use and navigate.
It uses the latest link-scraping technology to find free movies with working HD links to stream. Every search you perform will come back with around 40 working links, from which you can choose the one that works for you.
- Clean and crisp layout.
- Vast network for free movies.
- Updates regularly to provide top-quality links.
9. Nova TV
The app is free and has thousands of movies and TV shows you can watch. The user interface is intuitive and offers straightforward navigation. Moreover, the streaming links are available not just in 1080p but in 4K resolution too.
But its most exciting feature is that it can be used on many platforms, including FireStick, Android devices, and Android TV Boxes.
- Unique and refreshing user interface.
- Allows for guest integrations.
- Requires you to perform no subscriptions or registrations.
- It has subtitle support for over 225 different languages.
Have you used the popular app TVZion? Sadly, it is now closed. But if you wish to get a similar experience while streaming movies, try out the Syncler app.
Like other popular streaming apps, the app uses Real Debrid integration. Again, like the Kodi app I mentioned in the list, This app allows you to view content via addons. As a result, you will be able to get several high-quality links that won’t be available on other devices. As its name suggests, Syncler is one of the best streaming apps for syncing your progress while viewing content.
- Customizable like Kodi.
- Completely free of cost.
- Perfect for syncing content online.
- Has extensive library and subtitle support.
Stremio is a popular Android app that you can use to stream movies and TV shows. But the app has a rather unorthodox approach to the entire concept of streaming movies online. It allows you to install third-party addons and stream content through them, and it functions like Kodi.
But unlike many other apps on this list, you need to sign up for this app before you can start using it to stream movies. As the APK uses BitTorrent technology, I recommend getting yourself a good VPN with Stremio.
- It boasts an extensive free content library.
- It allows you to sync your content and playlists across multiple devices.
- No hidden fees or in-app purchases.
- Requires a sign-in to use.
12. Pluto TV
Pluto TV is an Android-based streaming service. This app lets you access movies and TV shows in addition to all the major news channels around the globe. In addition, you can watch thousands of live TV channels.
Pluto TV works with Fire TV, FireStick, Roku, and even Chromecast. The app also has the facility to enable parental controls if you wish to hide specific contents from your kids.
- Legal and reliable to download and use.
- Requires zero registration charge.
- Seemingly endless library of content.
- Only supports the English language.
Vudu is a digital video rental service with tons of movies and shows you won’t find on most platforms. You can also find several classics on this platform.
You can watch the content in HD resolution.
While the app is essentially free, you may run into occasional ads.
- It has both free and paid services.
- Allows you to download content and watch offline.
- Neat library division as per the genres.
- Requires a sign-up but does not ask you to provide your credit card details anywhere.
14. Popcorn Time
This torrent-based free app lets you stream virtually anything available on the internet. In addition, this app uses BitTorrent to provide magnet links to view the desired content.
The app downloads a considerable chunk before starting the stream. That way, even if you suffer from a poor or unstable network connection, you will face zero buffering or lag issues. The best part is that it allows you to stream content without registering anywhere.
Plus, the developers have provided ample subtitle support in various languages to gain users’ support from all over the globe.
- Free to use but uses ads.
- Intuitive UI.
- Multi-language subtitle support is available.
- It does not require you to create an account for content library access.
15. MediaBox HD
MediaBox HD is another app that has been around for a long time, and it underwent many modifications and renaming to become what it is today. The integration with Real Debrid and MX Player makes it an exciting app for streaming movies and TV series.
This app does not use Trakt integration but can accurately track what you are watching to help you find content better. It also has the popular Chromecast feature, which allows you to stream on TVs and Android TV boxes.
It does not require registering and features subtitle support for almost all major movies and TV shows.
- Has a zero advertisement policy.
- User-friendly interface.
- Allows you to download movies for offline viewing.
- Enables streaming on multiple platforms, including Nvidia Shield.
Rokkr is an animated redirection program that allows you to access content online for free. It is a replica of the now-defunct streaming app ‘Watched.’
It doubles as both a media player and a browser, so it does not require adding any extra third-party apps. Instead, you can search for the content, and the app will scrape the internet to provide you with the best possible HD links.
Rokkr offers multi-language support, making it a popular choice for millions of users all across the globe. It also lets you change TV modes and manage playlists.
- Allows you a choose between a native player and a video player.
- Diverse language support for users all across the globe.
- Let’s you watch live TV and sports events.
- Reset the personalization feature.
17. LiveNet TV
Anybody who enjoys free streaming apps for live TV has probably heard of LiveNet TV. It is one of the most popular streaming services available on the market. Not only does it provide you with streaming links for almost all sports events and TV channels, but it also provides HD links for most of them.
Additionally, you can watch it on unlimited devices at the same time. But the best part about this app is the readily available 24×7 customer support, which is almost unheard of in the case of any free app.
- It has 50+ live TV channels.
- Provides HD quality sports links.
- No hidden fees or in-app purchases.
18. Peacock TV
A multi-purpose streaming app from NBC, Peacock TV allows you to access live TV, VOD, and PPV content. Apart from all the movies and TV shows featured in its enormous library, you also get access to all the NBC original productions.
But that is not all. The app also allows you to view various syndicated documentaries and TV series. But there is a catch. The app has a limited free section allowing access to certain parts of Peacock TV’s library. If you wish to access the entire content library of the app, you will need a paid plan.
- Offers both live TV and VOD content.
- It has a free section apart from its paid plan.
- Allows access to all NBC original content.
- Has syndicated documentaries and movies in its library.
VRV is slightly offbeat in its approach to content. This app specializes in genres such as cartoons, tech shows, science fiction, and anime. But do not get me wrong; there are other contents that you can watch apart from these.
VRV also allows you to curate your personalized playlist. Depending on your taste, you can create a new playlist and add all your desired content.
This app’s humungous library of anime content makes it the perfect FireStick app for anime lovers. Apart from the usual popular titles, there are tons of obscure anime that you can stream on VRV.
And that is not all. VRV also has a gaming repository. So anytime you want to play games, you can do that via VRV. But the downside of so many unique features is that this app shows a lot of pop-up ads. You must pay for the app’s premium version if you do not wish to see more ads.
- Best Features:
- Excellent repository of anime content.
- Allows you to create your personalized playlist.
- It has both free and premium versions.
20. UK Turks
If you are someone who spends all of their time-consuming content virtually, UK Turks can be a good solution for you. It has seemingly endless hours’ worth of content. Furthermore, of all the apps I have reviewed, UK Turks arguably has the most diversified content categorization.
This categorization allows you to find what you are looking for easily. And it does not keep its content library restricted to only movies and TV shows. There is a plethora of other content you can stream via UK Turks.
If you wish to watch cartoons, comedy shows, sports, live events, documentaries, or even radio, UK Turks will allow you to do that.
- Streamlined interface.
- It has a vast content library.
21. Tubi TV
Tubi TV is a fantastic app that serves as a Netflix substitute for FireStick and other devices. Like Netflix, it allows you to access many movies and TV shows.
The app developers update the app’s content in the APK every week to include all the latest titles in the library. So it has something to offer everyone.
Like all other free movie apps, you must sit through a short advertisement every time you watch movies on Tubi TV. That can get irritating.
Tubi TV is only available in the US, but that is no problem. All you need to do is set yourself up with ExpressVPN, and you will be good to watch movies on Tubi TV.
- Require no form of sign-up or log-in to start watching movies.
- Regular updates of the app library every week.
- A diverse range of categories cater to children and adults both.
Flixoid is an easy-to-use app quite popular among streamers for its fantastic catalog of movies and TV shows. It is free to use and allows smooth navigation.
The app also supports subtitles. But that is not all. This app allows you to integrate any third-party video player. You can watch the videos on Flixoid on the VLC player or MX player, whichever you fancy.
- Easy to use and completely free.
- Allows integration to third-party video players.
- Excellent subtitle support.
- Top-notch internal media player.
23. Ocean Streamz
Ocean Streamz is a media streaming app supporting all platforms, including Android, iPhones, iPads, Mac, Windows, and FireStick. Plus, the app is optimized to run smoothly on any TV. It also has the Chromecast feature and can be used on the Nvidia Shield device.
Ocean Streamz allows you to download content so you can view it offline. The download option also allows you to queue multiple contents for download simultaneously.
The app has an in-built media player but can easily integrate many third-party players. The user-friendly interface of Ocean Streamz also makes it one of the most accessible apps.
- Entirely free app.
- It comes with subtitle support in multiple languages.
- Has an easy-to-use search function.
- Regular updates that include the latest and most popular banners.
24. MegaBox HD
MegaBox HD is another popular streaming app that you can use to stream your favorite movies and TV shows. Complete with all 720p, 1080p, and 4K resolutions. This app offers HD streams of all your favorite movies and TV shows.
The most significant plus point of this app is its filter feature. You can filter the content in every genre according to the release date, popularity, and rating. Pretty sweet, right?
Once you select the content, you can view a summary of the content so you can decide whether it is worth your time. In addition, it allows you to download videos for offline streaming later. The integrated media player does not have good subtitle support, but you can easily integrate third-party media players with the app.
- It has zero advertisements, so there are no disruptions while streaming.
- Multiple quality streams are available for you to choose from.
- Allows you to download content for offline viewing.
- Comprehensive content filtering feature.
You are all set to watch your favorite content. However, remember streaming from third-party websites and apps can land you in trouble with authorities.
Always use ExpressVPN to safeguard your privacy and stream with complete anonymity in three easy steps:
Step 1: Click HERE to subscribe to ExpressVPN and enjoy a 49% discount with 3 months of extended service. You are also eligible for a 30-day, full money-return guarantee.
Step 2: Download and install ExpressVPN on your device.
Step 3: Choose a server and click the Connect/Power button.
Put your mind at ease now! You have successfully secured your streaming activities with ExpressVPN.
So, here is our list of best APKs to watch free movies and TV shows. Which app do you like the most? Do let me know in the comments. Also, if you wish me to review any app, please let me know in the comments.